On Sundays from June 26th through September 4th, LCHC Urgent Care will be closed, due to unprecedented staffing challenges.
Harm Reduction & Support Services
LCHC offers on-site laboratory testing, specialty medical care, and social support to make sure your specific health needs are met. You will receive confidential, comprehensive, and compassionate care.
- Hepatitis C
No appointment is needed for STI tests, and they are open to both patients and non-patients of LCHC. Walk-in testing hours are Mon-Thurs 10-3, on the Pearl Team.
Harm reduction services
- Narcan (Naloxone) is a life-saving medication that can reverse an opioid overdose. It is administered as a nasal spray. A community health worker in Community Programs can teach you how to use the Narcan and supply you with a kit (2 doses per kit). It is free and confidential.
- Syringe Services / Needle Exchange
- Free and confidential needle exchange is available on the Pearl Team at our main site at 269 Union Street. The team offers clean syringes, supplies for safe injection, and access to Narcan.
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) is a medication for people who do not have HIV, who are at high risk for contracting HIV from sex or injection drug use. PrEP is highly effective at preventing HIV if used as prescribed. PrEP is available by prescription. Our community health workers will assist you with making an appointment to be prescribed PrEP.
A key part of LCHC’s harm reduction model is our SUD Treatment Program, built around respectful, compassionate support that honors your lived experience. You do not need to be enrolled in this program to use our Narcan or needle exchange services.
HIV Medical and Support Services
Our services for patients with HIV include:
- Primary care for HIV positive patients
- HIV treatment
- HIV nurse case management
- HIV medical case management
- Insurance Enrollment assistance
- Referral to behavioral health services
- Transportation assistance
- Assistance with enrollment for HIV Drug Assistance Program (HDAP)
- Referrals to community resources
HIV testing is available on-site.