On Sundays from June 26th through September 4th, LCHC Urgent Care will be closed, due to unprecedented staffing challenges.
Our outstanding team of physicians and nurse midwives is dedicated to making you feel comfortable and confident in your care. Whether you are seeking gynecology services, or pregnancy and postpartum care, we are here for you.
Lynn Community Health Center has a strong partnership with Salem Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital that enhances our ability to provide state-of-the-art health care. Many mammograms and ultrasounds can be performed on-site at the Health Center. If a procedure requires that you be seen at the hospital, you will experience seamless integrated care.
Our OB/GYN team is, like all our medical teams, fully integrated with behavioral health providers and social workers available to support you. We recognize that gynecological health, family planning, pregnancy, and parenting are different experiences for everyone. Your care team will work closely with you to make sure you understand everything about your medical needs, and that you are fully informed of all treatment options and potential outcomes. We will always make decisions with you, never for you.
Gynecology Services for All Ages
Our GYN services include:
- Routine exams
- Family planning, including walk-in pregnancy testing and emergency contraception
- Pre- and post-menopausal care
- GYN services for teens
- Cervical cancer screening (Pap tests, colposcopy)
- Breast cancer screening (breast exams, on-site mammography)
- On-site laboratory services
- Confidential HIV/STD testing and counseling
- Other gynecologic services such as infertility care, menstrual concerns, pelvic pain, and others
- Full range of gynecologic surgical services, including procedures such as minimally invasive hysterectomy, tubal ligation, hysteroscopy, and others. Your LCHC gynecologist will provide pre-operative and post-operative care at LCHC, and will perform the surgery at Salem Hospital.
Our OB/GYN team provides state-of-the art maternity care before, during, and after your pregnancy. We believe that every childbearing experience is unique, and we will work with you to design a care plan that meets your needs.
Our GYN services include:
- Pre-pregnancy counseling and care
- Prenatal care
- On-site ultrasound
- Close coordination of care with Maternal Fetal Medicine team for high risk pregnancies
- Referral to nutrition services
- Social services
- Moms Do Care program for patients with substance use disorder
*Offered in partnership with the Massachusetts Early Intervention Program.
Additional support services:
- Prenatal education classes in English and Spanish on-site or at Salem Hospital.
- Optional home visits during your pregnancy and throughout the first year of your baby’s life*. An Early Intervention Specialist is available to provide education and support, plus routine developmental screenings for your baby.
- Individual support is available from your nurse, case manager, or integrated behavioral health provider throughout your pregnancy and postpartum.
- Social workers dedicated to helping you receive all necessary services.
Giving Birth and Postpartum Support
When your baby is ready to be born, one of our physicians or midwives will attend your delivery at the Salem Hospital Birthplace. The Birthplace features state-of-the-art labor and delivery rooms, with the option of whirlpool delivery tubs, and private postpartum recovery suites.
Your baby will be evaluated by a Lynn Community Health Center pediatrician or family physician shortly after delivery and every day until you go home. These hospital consultations are free of charge and are the best way to make sure your baby has a healthy start.
If you are looking for a pediatrician, our staff can help you schedule with LCHC’s Pediatrics department, to ensure continuity of care for your growing family. We can also help with referrals to our WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) program for breastfeeding support and information about many other programs to support families with young children.